Wednesday 16 May 2012

Peaks Tweetup III - 4 AUGUST 2012




Ladybower Reservoir, Alport Castles walk, 9.0 miles

Here we go again! PeaksTweetup III time. Back to Ladybower I reckon. Nice and central, lots of pubs etc. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up for a walk and a pub lunch in the Peak District in August, when hopefully the rain will have buggered off.

Howsabout either 4 August? Let me kn... damnit, I'm stuck in jumbo vision *fiddles with knobs and dials*... ah, there we go. Phew, back to normal size. Anyway, as I was saying, if you're interested in coming along please let me know.

The plan is to set off at 8:45am (ish) and do a 7-miler around Ladybower, leaving plenty of time for a pub lunch afterwards. The route is something like this (PeaksTweetup I is ghosted on the right hand side for comparison)...


After *ahem* somewhat underegging the ascent pudding last time in my pre-walk notes, I've included an altitude comparison graph so you can judge for yourselves. GREEN is 2010, RED is 2011 with its steep start, and BLUE is the propsed 2012 walk...


See, that's not so bad is it? It *does* go upwards (as these things tend to), but it's a more gradual ascent, followed by a gentle amble along the tops, finishing off with an easy stroll beside the reservoir. Then it's off to the pub for some grub and a beverage. Anyone not fancying the walk is welcome to simply meet us at the pub afterwards (you lazy buggers ;)

The start point is the first (I think!) parking bay on the left hand side after you turn off the A57 into Ladybower. There are other parking bays on both sides of the road a little further along within strolling distance if that one is full, but it shouldn't be at that time in the morning. Here's the start point in pretty pictures...


OK, think that about covers it. Send me a tweet if you're interested.

Thanks

Rich
@captain_doodle


No comments:

Post a Comment